Yes, both USD 50,000 and USD 100,000 coverage qualify Thailand Pass’s new requirement (USD 50,000 coverage).
However, for applicant who wishes to apply for Long Stay Visa or Visa O-A, please make sure to buy a USD 100,000 coverage as it’s been announced that they need coverage equivalent to 3 million baht.
Please contact us at email@example.com , we'll reply as soon as possible, and latest within 24 hours.
FAQ : Non Immigrant Visa O-A (Long Stay)
This is the type of visa for applicants with Eligibilities as follows:
- Applicant must be more than 50 years old
- Applicant is not prohibited from entering Thailand
- Applicant with no criminal record both in Thailand and country of applicant’s nationality or residence
- Applicant has nationality of permanent residence in the country where application is submitted
- Applicant should not have prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis)
- Applicant with no intention to work in Thailand
Below are some requirements by Thai embassy before Visa is granted.
- Visa fee
- Passport (with validity more than 18 months)
- Completed application forms
- Passport sized photos (4X6 cm) taken within the past 6 months
- Copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal and not less than THB 800,000 or an income certificate (original) with a monthly income no less than THB 65,000 or a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than THB 800,000
- In case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from Bank (original) is required
- A letter stating applicant has no criminal record
- A medical certificate confirming applicant shows no prohibitive diseases
- Insurance policy with USD 100,000 coverage (or equivalent to THB 3 million). Insurance validity should cover the insured for the entire period of stay
iTravel - Travel insurance
Travel Insurance is a type of insurance that is necessary for travellers especially traveling abroad.
For those who travel for business or holidays, if they are sick or in an accident during traveling,
this travel insurance provides coverage for medical treatment in hospital.
There are some other benefits such as coverage for lost/ damaged belongings,
Emergency evacuation and compensation due to flight cancellation.